Home Inspection Services
Affordable home inspection services for Pennsylvania, Maryland and Delaware
Our home inspection services consist of a thorough and methodical home or apartment inspection of structural, mechanical and safety components and systems, and a written building report of the observed conditions.
Our full home inspections services report includes a description of the observed conditions, an explanation of the implications of any deficiencies in order to answer any home inspection questions you may have, and appropriate recommended remedial actions based on your building report.
An inspection normally takes about two and a half to three hours on site. Reports contain two main parts.
The first is a summary section that lists all of the major defects found in the home.
The second is a full narrative report of all of the inspected systems and components broken down into three subsections: Description, Limitations, and Recommendations. This section includes photos of any areas of concern found by the inspector.
Items inspected include:
- Roof, vents, flashings and trim;
- Gutters and downspouts;
- Skylight, chimney and other roof penetrations;
- Decks, stoops, porches, walkways and railings;
- Windows and exterior siding;
- Eaves, soffit and fascia;
- Grading and drainage;
- Basement, foundation and crawlspace;
- Water penetration and foundation movement;
- Heating systems;
- Cooling systems;
- Main water shut-off valves;
- Water heating system;
- Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets;
- Drainage sump pumps with accessible floats;
- Electrical service line and meter box;
- Main disconnect and service amperage;
- Electrical panels, breakers and fuses;
- Grounding and bonding;
- GFCIs and AFCIs;
- Fireplace damper door and hearth;
- Insulation and ventilation;
- Garage doors, safety sensors and openers;
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors;
- Major appliances;
- and much more.